Author Topic: Dunwalke Farm Inc Golden Guernsey Far Hills N.J.  (Read 798 times)

Offline chris

• Charter Member
  • NJB Contributor
Dunwalke Farm Inc Golden Guernsey Far Hills N.J.
« on: January 09, 2012, 07:02:27 PM »
This one quart milk is embosed Dunwalke Farm Inc Golden Guernsey Far Hills NJ

grooveitover

Re: Dunwalke Farm Inc Golden Guernsey Far Hills N.J.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 08:06:23 AM »
Nice Find!

I am not a collector or anything, however I was wondering if you have seen any other of these, or would be interested in selling this particular bottle.  I apologize if this is against site rules, I am just passing through.

This bottle has personal meaning to me as I worked at Dunwalke Farm for many summers growing up and through college.

This was many years after they disbanded the Golden Guernsey dairy herds, and focused primarily on breeding and showing Beef Cattle on the national level. 

Sadly most of the land has been sold to Princeton and the 300+ head herds of beef cattle that roamed the beautiful rolling hills of northern N.J. has been reduced to ~25 head or so.

regards,

grooveitover

Offline charlie

• Administrator
  • NJB Contributor
Re: Dunwalke Farm Inc Golden Guernsey Far Hills N.J.
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 05:36:00 PM »
Howdy!
Nothing wrong with your inquiry, in fact I sincerely hope we can help you to acquire one of these milk bottles.. we all appreciate the importance of such notions of posterity.. we're also always on the lookout for anyone who has any information, anecdotal or otherwise, about the antique bottles and bottling companies of New Jersey..   :)